http://jaafaridris.com/tag/oct-27/ We recently added a new baby to the family and I can’t keep up with kids, homeschool and the house. I am about ready to throw in the towel and send the kids to public school.
When I was about at your place, we realized some things needed to change. These are what helped us. Your mileage may vary.
- Changed homeschool curriculum so my time wasn’t spent, exhaustively, continually, helping. We switched from Bob Jones to SOS
- We incorporated MOTH scheduling into our lives. This is coming from someone who has never been a schedule person. I find it flexible.
- We evaluated what the kids were doing to carry a lot of the load and made sure that they were all being trained as per their level of ability for chores.
- We reevaluated to be sure us parents were diligent to discipline the children (mostly me!).
- We got rid of a lot of toys and clutter.
- We reevaluated what activities we were doing and how/where we were spending our time. We had been busy with a lot of activities and realized we needed to focus on being a family unit. Going out all the time caused a lot of stress involving clean clothes, chores being done, meals prepared, just everything.
I know there was more, but that is just what I could think of first. I hope you and your husband communicate a lot.
Oh… and another thing… this is really a short season in your life. Enjoy your children and hold those babies. You may also gain something from this post.