I have been reading about Starbucks offering a coffee on Monday, September 29th. I thought I’d share what HSLDA has to say (condensed) about home educating parents since we are home educators:
This coming Monday, September 29, homeschool parents will be able to pick up a complimentary tall size (12 fl. oz.) cup of Pike Place Roast from Starbucks.
This promotion is part of Starbucks “Great Start for Great Teachers” promotion, and is now open to all teachers.
HSLDA continues to state their appreciation that homeschoolers may participate and give the below evidence to be presented when taking advantage of this special:
Any one item on the following list should be accepted by Starbucks:
- Home School Legal Defense Association membership card.
- Membership card from a state homeschooling organization.
- Notification from a school district or state government recognizing compliance with compulsory attendance.
- Paperwork submitted showing intent to establish a homeschool program.
- Paperwork showing the establishment of a private school.
If you don’t have one of the items on this list be creative and try to provide other proof of homeschooling.
Please note: the final decision about whether to accept proof of homeschooling resides with Starbucks.
They also remind members to go print copies of their membership cards at their site. (See link above)
Enjoy your coffee while serving your family today!